Respiratory therapy leads to a better outcome
Maintaining consistent airway clearance is a critical concern for patients living with cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis, spinal injury, neuromuscular disorders or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), as well as those recovering from serious injury or illness.1,2 For high-risk individuals, inadequate airway clearance has been associated with decreased lung function, higher rates of respiratory infection, recurring episodes of respiratory inflammation and hospital readmissions.3
Hill-Rom's Respiratory Care products work to improve airway clearance and lung health in both the acute care setting and in the home. Retained secretions in the airways may lead to increased infection, hospitalization and reduced lung function. Hill-Rom offers a full portfolio of products that may help mobilize retained secretions.
- The MetaNeb® System (acute care only)
- The Vest® Airway Clearance System (home care and acute care)
- The VitalCough® System (home care and acute care)
In addition to these products, Hill-Rom continues to lead the way with innovations in airway clearance technology. We are pleased to introduce new products that enable patients to have more freedom and encourage adherence to their therapy.
- The Monarch™ Airway Clearance System (home care only) – Hill-Rom's new mobile airway clearance therapy.
- The VisiVest™ Airway Clearance System (home care only) – The first Bluetooth® enabled airway clearance system.
1. Houtmeyers E, Gosselink R, Gayan-Ramirez G, Decramer M. Regulation of mucociliary clearance in
health and disease. Eur Respir J. 1999;13(5):1177−1188.
2. Anderson CA, Palmer CA, Ney AL, et al. Evaluation of the safety of high-frequency chest wall
oscillation (HFCWO) therapy in blunt thoracic trauma patients. J Trauma Manag Outcomes. 2008;2:8−14.
3. Braverman J. Maintaining healthy lungs: the role of airway clearance therapy. Exceptional Parent.