Connected in Care
You are not alone on your journey with chronic lung disease. Your care team is there for you, helping you manage your illness and live your best life. So it makes sense to do as much as possible to help everybody work better as a team. That’s the idea behind the new Bluetooth®-enabled VisiVest™ Airway Clearance System. The VisiVest System connects patients and care teams, sending data about therapy sessions so everyone can collaborate in making tailored care decisions*.
Trusted Technology, Bluetooth enabled
The first Airway Clearance System with Bluetooth connectivity, The VisiVest Airway Clearance System is the next generation of The Vest® System, the most widely used and trusted system today.
The Vest® System has been prescribed by more than any other system for good reason:
- Its market-leading High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation (HFCWO) technology applies gentle pressure to the chest wall, efficiently treating all lobes of the lung.
- It's easy to use. No special positioning or complicated breathing techniques are required.
- It helps you breathe easier, effectively removing accumulated secretions to help reduce exacerbations.
Now Bluetooth enabled, The VisiVest System gives patients prompt treatment feedback through The VisiView™ Health Portal, to help patients stay motivated and keep on track with your therapy sessions. Think of it as a fitness tracker for your lungs.
In a study following CF patients for an average of 22 months and comparing CPT to The Vest® System, the study found 94% of patient’s regression line slopes for FVC and FEV1 become more positive using The Vest® Airway Clearance System.1
The VisiVest System
- Automatically records treatments for patients, giving them one less thing to track.
- Encourages healthy routines patients can continue into adulthood.
- Uses colorful visual cues, called "badges", to give feedback.
- Connects patients with their care team, so they can all work better together to make informed decisions about patient’s care*.
- Helps patients feel their best by providing airway clearance therapy, now and in the future.
Why The VisiVest System?
Airway Clearance Therapy is an extremely important component in treating chronic lung disease. It plays a vital role in maintaining lung function, and keeping patients feeling their best.
You know the importance of therapy adherence. The more compliant patients are to their prescribed therapy, the better the outcomes are likely to be.2-4 The reality is it’s not always easy to motivate patients to follow their therapy, with everything else that’s going on in their life.
That's why Hill-Rom developed The VisiVest System**. By automatically transmitting detailed information about patient’s therapy sessions to patients and their care team, they see first-hand how patients are using their device.
More important, The VisiVest System provides accurate information. No guesswork, no approximating. When care teams have accurate data to work with, they get a clearer view into actual usage and are better able to adjust settings if needed – and overall, collaborate better as a team.
The VisiVest System Includes
- Choice of garment
- Air Pulse Generator
- Air Hoses (2)
- Travel Bag
- Qualcomm 2net Hub and data service***
- Does not require Internet access
Learn more about Hill-Rom's Respiratory Care products
*The VisiVest System transmits data about vest usage. It does not make care decisions.
**The VisiVest System is intended to provide airway clearance therapy when external manipulation of the thorax is your choice of treatment.
***Hill-Rom, Inc. reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or limit access to The VisiView Health Portal, or the use of the data hub,
at any time without notice. See the full terms and conditions on The VisiView Health Portal website, visiview.hill-rom.com.
****Hill-Rom reserves the right to make changes without notice in design, specifications, and models. The only warranty Hill-Rom makes is the express written warranty extended on the sale or rental of its products.
- Warwick W, Hansen L. The long-term effect of high-frequency chest compression therapy on pulmonary complications of cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol 1991; 11: 265-271.
- Agh T, et al. Relationship Between Medication Adherence and Health-Related Quality of Life in Subjects With COPD: A Systematic Review. Respir Care, 2015. 60(2): p. 297-303.
- Eakin MN, et al. Longitudinal association between medication adherence and lung health in people with cystic fibrosis. J Cyst Fibros, 2011. 10(4): p. 258-264.
- Milgram H, et al. Noncompliance and treatment failure in children with asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol, 1996. 98(6 Pt 1): p. 1051-1057.