Mobile therapy that works.1
The Monarch™ Airway Clearance System is a high frequency chest wall oscillation (HFCWO) therapeutic device with revolutionary new technology. The therapy combines mobility with targeted kinetic energy and airflow to thin and mobilize secretions from the airways. By allowing patients to move about freely during therapy, it empowers them to take control of their therapy – and their lives.
Powered by POD technology.
The Monarch™ system is used to aid mobilization of secretions from the airways and help improve airway health.* This is acheived by antomically-specific placement of the eight pulmonary oscillating discs (PODs) on the upper and lower lobes of the lungs. This therapy helps to thin mucus and generates airflow to move the mucus from the small airways to the large airways, where it can be coughed out or suctioned.
Mobile and connected.
The Monarch™ System helps motivate and empower patients to collaborate in their therapy by offering key attributes:
- Enabled with either LTE or WiFi connectivity.
- Connects patients wirelessly to their care team via the VisiView™ Health Portal.
- Enriches patient coaching with therapy session feedback.
- Encourages adherence through collaboration.
Sportswear-inspired design is made for freedom of mobility
Fun colors and patterns let patients personalize their device.
Powers therapy on the move
are intuitive and simple to use.
Used with Bluetooth® connectivity, streamlines device operation for patients.
Handy rolling case
With retractable handle and backpack straps looks like ordinary luggage, and makes it easy for patients to travel with their device.
The man behind the Monarch™ System
Marten De Vileger and his sister, both Cycist Fibrosis patients, grew up with their mother manually performing CPT to help clear their airways. With a vision for more independence, Marten created a mobile therapeutic device for airway clerance. This novel device gave him the freedom to travel and live his adventurous, kite-surfing life while rasing a family. Wanting others to experience this flexibility and control, he partnered with Hill-Rom to develop the Monarch™ Airway Clearance System.
*The Monarch™ System is intended for patients 15 years and older. Patients with the following conditions present must be stabilized in order to use the Monarch™ System: Head and/or neck injury or active hemorrhage with hemodynamic instability. See the Monarch™ System User Manual for other important instructions, safeguards, warnings, and precautions.
Learn more about Hill-Rom’s Respiratory Care products
- Airflow data: Independent lab testing analyzed and compared average airflows at the mouth generated by high frequency chest wall oscillation (HFCWO) therapy in 10 human subjects using home care garments. Airflows were measured via pneumotachometer at settings of maximum intensity at multiple therapy frequencies (5, 10, 15 and 20 Hz for Monarch and The Vest® System, and Soft, Medium and Intense for AffloVest® System). Impulse force data: Bench testing conducted at maximum intensity at multiple therapy frequencies (5, 14, and 20 Hz). Testing consisted of measuring impulse force, or applied force over a timeframe of 30 seconds, via 4 force sensors placed on a mannequin in upper and lower chest locations. Test data and reports on file at Hill-Rom, Inc.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.