Hand-hygiene is the simplest, most effective measure for preventing nosocomial (hospital-associated) infections; yet on average, compliance by health care workers to recommended hand-hygiene procedures usually is estimated at less than 50%.1
Hill-Rom Hand Hygiene Compliance Solution can help
Our Hand Hygiene Compliance Solution provides automatic monitoring of hand-hygiene and washing events, 24/7/365.
Along with our solution, we provide evidence-based, clinical change management support that will help create a culture of sustained hand-hygiene practices.
Hand-hygiene monitoring made easy. Watch the video below to see how it works.
An Investment in a Hand-Hygiene Compliance Solution, leveraging existing hospital infrastructure
The Hill-Rom® Hand Hygiene Compliance Solution can use the same hardware and devices as other Hill-Rom real-time locating solutions. When you invest in hand-hygiene monitoring today, you can build from the same infrastructure that provides broader staff locating, asset tracking, temperature monitoring and patient locating.
Easy to implement
- Caregivers simply wear a lightweight badge, and go about their normal hand-hygiene activities
- No change to established washing behavior or your hospital’s hand-hygiene protocols
- Proactive alerts to staff for potential “missed” hand-hygiene opportunities
Easy to report
- Provides evidence-based data to support Joint Commission reporting
- Supports process-improvement initiatives
- Visibility to hand-hygiene event data at all levels, from hospital to individual staff
Easy to install
- Cable-free installation
- Minimal disruption to rooms and/or unit
- Leverages existing hand sanitizer and soap dispensers
- McGuckin, Maryanne; Waterman, Richard; and Govednik, John, “Hand hygiene compliance rates in the United States — a one-year multicenter collaboration using product/volume usage measurement and feedback.” School of Population Health Faculty Papers. March 2009 24(3): 205-213.