Safe Skin® Program Overview
|Bed design can reduce patient migration, which may reduce risk factors for pressure injuries.1|
*WOCN is a registered trademark of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society.
View products that help support our Safe Skin® Program. View Products
Safe Skin® Program Clinical Outcome Goals
With one in twenty patients experiencing facility-acquired pressure injuries, facilities are taking a new course of action to prevent such occurrences. The Hillrom® Safe Skin® Program provides resources to assist you in design, implementation and outcome measurement. Using this program can help your patients in many ways:
- With fewer pressure injuries, there are fewer related complications like infection and mortality.
- Reduced incidence of pressure injuries.
|1 in 10 patients in acute care have pressure injuries, and 1 in 20 patients experience a facility-acquired pressure injury.2|
Safe Skin® Program - Resources
We have key resources you need to implement the program and enhance the quality of patient care.
- Assess your high risk areas with the International Pressure Ulcer Prevalence™ Survey.
- Take the guesswork out of surface selection with a customized Safe Skin® Surface Selection Algorithm; based on the support surface consensus from the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society® (WOCN®).
- Implement the program with the support of continuing education courses for nurses and patient care technicians.
- Measure and help sustain clinical and financial success with the Impact Tracker® Quality Improvement Program.
Learn more about resources that help support our Safe Skin® Program. View ResourcesReferences »
- Davis K, et al. Journal of Nurs Care Qual. 2015.
- VanGilder C, et al. WOCN Conference. 2012.